ARTS Data Model Home Page
The ARTS Operational Data Model and the ARTS Data Warehouse Model provide retailers and vendors with a mature data architecture for developing retail business solutions.
The ARTS Operational Data Model represents a relational transaction-oriented view of retail enterprise data. It is normalized and designed to support the day-to-day transactional functions performed by a retail enterprise. This model is referred to the Operational Data Model.
The ARTS Data Warehouse Model (DWM) supports business reporting and analysis. The DWM is designed around a star schema approach that supports end-user data query, reporting and analysis.
Both ARTS Operation Data Model and ARTS Data Warehouse Model provide retailers with a comprehensive, mature basis for:
- Building integrated retail business applications
- Developing specifications for acquiring retail applications and retail-oriented enterprise resource packages
- Helping application developers and analysts understand basic retail business principles and terminology
- Giving guidance for retail business policies by providing formal rules and definitions
- Creating a canonical data model for integrating legacy application data that may reside in many different databases and formats
- Selecting commercial off-the-shelf retail solutions
- Designing a strategy to map operational data to a data warehouse structure
The Data Model and its related product, the Data Warehouse Model - are available to ARTS members only. The ARTS data dictionary is in the public domain.